If you are food insecure, please come to the church every Friday between 10:00 am - 12 noon. Please wait outside the kitchen door located below the ramp on the west side of the church. There is no need to register.
LOAVES & FISHES provides food and referral support to people in need in our community. Volunteers deliver to the recipients on the first and third Friday of the month. The food delivery (meant to supplement, not provide 2 weeks of food) includes frozen meat for 2 meals, milk and eggs, canned vegetables and fruit, cereal, pasta (such as rice and macaroni), and canned goods such as ravioli or tuna fish. If you need food delivered, please call 631-298-4145.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
In recent months, the number of people receiving food from L&F has dramatically increased. Please consider donating any of the following items.
You can help by ADOPTING A FAMILY for one or more months. There are two ways you can do this:
- Gather the food items listed below** and drop them off either in the L&F box in the narthex (church "lobby") or the church office.
- Send $15 per month in financial support to feed a family -- however many months you choose. Please make checks payable to Mattituck Presbyterian Church with a notation in the memo line, "L&F".
** Items Needed For A Family
- 46 - oz. can of juice (apple, pineapple, Juicy Juice)
- box of dry cereal
- two 15 - oz. cans of vegetables
- two 15 - oz. cans of fruit
- boxed rice or boxed mashed potato mix or boxed macaroni and cheese
- 15 - oz. of beef stew or ravioli or 6 - oz. can of tuna or chicken
For questions, more information, or to make a donation, email or call the church office (email@example.com / 631-298-298-4145).