What is Godly Play?
The Godly Play® method is a Montessori-based curriculum that explores the mystery of God’s presence in our lives. We believe children already have an experience of God, so the aim of Godly Play is to give them language to help them relate that experience of God to the rest of their lives.
- Godly Play is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance.
- Godly Play has a Montessori foundation with 40+ years of research and practice.
- Godly Play values process, openness, discovery, community and relationships.
- Godly Play models the worship life, stories, symbols and rituals of Christian congregations.
- Godly Play nurtures participants to larger dimensions of belief and faith through wondering and play.