LOAVES & FISHES provides food and referral support to people of need in our community. Volunteers deliver to the recipients on the first and third Friday of the month. At present there are 38 families, totalling 110 people, in the program. The food delivery (meant to supplement, not provide 2 weeks of food) includes frozen meat for 2 meals, milk and eggs, canned vegetables and fruit, cereal, pastas (such as rice and macaroni), and canned goods such as ravioli or tuna fish.
The Loaves & Fishes food pantry is open 10:00 - 12 noon every Friday to meet the growing needs of our community: toiletries, cleaning products, baby food, diapers and food items when available.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
In recent months, the number of people receiving food from L&F has dramatically increased. We currently have 109 clients enrolled with three more large families on a waiting list to join the program.
You can help by ADOPTING A FAMILY for one or more months. There's two ways you can do this:
- Gather the food items listed below** and drop them off either in the L&F box in the narthex (church "lobby") or the church office.
- Send $15 per month in financial support to feed a family -- however many months you choose. Please make checks payable to Mattituck Presbyterian Church with a notation in the memo line, "L&F".
** Items Needed For A Family
- 46 - oz. can of juice (apple, pineapple, Juicy Juice)
- box of dry cereal
- two 15 - oz. cans of vegetables
- two 15 - oz. cans of fruit
- boxed rice or boxed mashed potato mix or boxed macaroni and cheese
- 15 - oz. of beef stew or ravioli or 6 - oz. can of tuna or chicken
For questions, more information, or to make a donation, email or call the church office (email@example.com / 298-4145).